Feb 15, 2009

WE ARE NOT DOOMED

So most of us have had these kind of nights. The kind where you wake up the next morning with a slight headache and vague memories of what happened the night before. You manage to roll out of bed to find your wallet to see how much money you wasted and low and behold.....your wallet is missing.

You get ready as fast as possible so you can get out there and retrace the steps you somewhat remember taking home. After checking your friends place, the bar and the streets only to find nothing. You somewhat panic trying to remember the various cards that you are going to have to cancel and retrieve new ones.

So after losing all hope you go back to your place of residence readying yourself to cancel your cards.

Load up Firefox to quickly check facebook to make sure there are no embarrassing photos to remind you of the night you lost your identity.

You notice a new message, so you check it out and VOILA! A complete stranger has located your wallet on the road, and instead of just throwing it out or keeping the wallet for themself, this person has decided to track you down and make sure your wallet is returned to it's original owner.

This has given me hope that not all humanity has been lost, in a world where a reminder like this is much needed. People still do care, there are just a lot of jerks out there that give the good folks bad names.

I am not going to mention any names, but I would like to thank the person who made sure I got my wallet back. You saved me a lot of time, money and hassle.

2 comments:

  1. Its good to know not everyone sucks, at least we got a damn good night out of it!! lol
    we must do it agin soon but duct tape ur wallet into ur pocket this time hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:50 PM

    Damn you got lucky man. Good story, I was hanging on the edge of my seat. So how much did you end up blowin?

    ReplyDelete

Make sure to leave a comment so I can get my Daily Hit!